As a hog farmers daughter I feel compelled to tell you what to do with what’s left of your flavorful, juicy, pink centerpiece from your Easter meal.
There are so many better options than just making a plain, ole ham sandwich out it. Here are three of my favorite ways to take the leftover ham and make three entirely new meals:
Ham & Cheese Crescents
Open each crescent on a cookie sheet. Place 2-3 slice of ham on it, then sprinkle with cheese. Roll it up and then sprinkle the top with a little bit of cheese. Repeat for each piece of dough. Place in oven at 350F for 10 minutes or until crescent rolls are very lightly browned.
Their delicious with macaroni and cheese…..
Ham Rigatoni Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham
- 8 ounces dry rigatoni pasta (or other short tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 to 2 1/2 ounce white sauce or country gravy mix
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 10 ounce frozen leaf spinach, thawed and roughly chopped
4 hoagie buns, sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
4 1-oz slices pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, thinly sliced