International trade agreements and renegotiation of trade agreements, discussions on the 2018 farm bill, a new tax bill. Each of these topics has implications for the farm economy and quite possibly for on-farm management decisions in 2018. Get the latest information about these and other timely topics at the 2018 Ag Outlook and Policy Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 31 at Fisher Auditorium on the OARDC campus in Wooster.
Plan now to attend the 2018 Ag Outlook and Policy meeting and learn about the opportunities and challenges for the agricultural sector in 2018. Pick up some tips on strategies and practices that may help you and your agricultural business. The day begins with sign-in at 8:45 am; the program starts at 9:30 am and concludes at 3:30 pm. Registration cost is $15/person. Registration includes morning refreshments, noon lunch and handout materials. Facility rental and speaker expenses are covered with thanks to sponsorships provided by Farmers National Bank, Wayne Savings Community Bank, and Farm Credit Mid-America.
Topics and presenters for the Ag Outlook and Policy Meeting include:
- 2018 Farm Bill Policy Update: Ben Brown, Program Manager, Ohio Farm Management Program. Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics
- International Trade Agreements and Implications for Domestic Agriculture: Ian Sheldon, Andersons Chair in Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Policy. Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics
- Dairy Production Economics Update: Dianne Shoemaker, Extension Field Specialist, Dairy Production Economics
- Examining the 2018 Ohio Farm Economy: Crop Budgets, Land Values and Cropland Rental Rates. Barry Ward, Extension Farm Management and Production Leader.
- Grain Market Outlook and Grain Marketing Strategies: Jim Byrne, Byrne Investment Services
- Farm Tax Update: David Marrison, Extension Educator, Ashtabula County
Registration deadline is January 24. Register by contacting the Wayne County Extension office at 330-264-8722 or sending an email to email@example.com. Include your name/names of those attending, phone number and email or mailing address. An informational flyer and registration form is available on the Wayne County Extension web site at: http://go.osu.edu/AgOutlook18