Ohio Department of Agriculture Director David Daniels is celebrating Ohio Agriculture Week March by traveling across Ohio this week to highlight the impact of Ohio’s largest industry. Accounting for more than $123 billion in annual economic impact and one out of every eight Ohio jobs, agriculture impacts all corners of the Buckeye state.
Highlights of Ohio Agriculture Week will include:
• A visit to the farm of Ohio State Fair Outstanding Market Exhibitor Lori Millenbaugh in Crestline
• A stop at Toft’s Dairy/Ice Cream in Sandusky
• Recognition of Aubrey Fetchik, the winner of the Bonnie Plants Cabbage program who grew a 27 pound cabbage.
• A visit to the soon-to-open Buckeye Agricultural Museum and Education Center in Wooster. The nearly 20,000 square feet facility will celebrate agriculture in northeast Ohio.
• Learning about Ohio’s growing hops segment by visiting Rustic Brew Hops farm in Union County.
• A commemoration of an important milestone in the Asian Longhorned Beetle program — the eradication and lifting of the quarantine of a satellite location in Clermont County.
Here is more from Dale Minyo and Director Daniels.