The Northeast Counties Farm Bureau’s Farm, Business, Land & Homeowner Conference is on Friday, August 17, 2018.
The specific topics that will be covered in breakout sessions at this event are:
● Land As Your Legacy, a transition planning tool
● Why do we do what we do: A look into our goals and mission as farmers and business owners
● Timber Marketing and Property Tax Options
● Growing Forward: Young Farmers
● Landowner Toolkit: A professional guide on laws, regulations and more;
● Nationwide Agribusiness Products and Services available for farms and ag businesses
● Conservation Programs and how to preserve farmland forever
● Home Preservation Methods
● Soil Health and Soil Testing
● Nutrient Management Plans
● Health Benefits Plans & Workers Compensation Programs
● What’s that mean? – Labeling, GMO’s, Antibiotics
Register today. Pre-registration is required by Aug. 10 for the conference, which is to be held at: Grand Valley High School Auditeria, 111 Grand Valley Avenue, Orwell, OH 44076. Cost is $10 per person for Farm Bureau members, and $75 per person for non-members, which includes a one-year membership to Farm Bureau. Please call the Farm Bureau office at: 440-426-2195, or register online at https://nefbconf18.eventbrite.com . FREE soil sample kits for attendees . Continental breakfast items, drinks, snacks, and a BBQ style lunch will be provided.
Registration starts at 8am the day of the event for workshops from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Sorry, no refunds. If you have any questions, or need more information, contact the Farm Bureau office, or Mandy Orahood, Organization Director, at 440.426.2195.