The Ohio Department of Agriculture today announced its third annual photo contest. Participants will have until Dec. 31, 2010, to capture their personal interpretation of this year’s theme “Life of a Farmer.”
“Life of a Farmer” can be interpreted in many ways. Entrants are asked to show the department their unique definition of the life of an everyday farmer, which could include photos of farmers at work, with their animals or enjoying life on the farm.
Following the Dec. 31 deadline, an independent judging panel will rank the photo submissions. The winning photographers will be invited to join Director Boggs and other invited guests for a reception and unveiling of the top photos. The top photos will be placed on display at the Ohio Statehouse. All photos may be used by the department for educational or promotional incentives.
General photography contest rules:
- Entrants must be at least 16-years-old and the original photographer.
- Contest is open to amateur photographers only.
- Photos must be taken in 2010.
- Entries must be postmarked by Dec. 31.
- No more than five photos may be submitted per household.
- Photos must be submitted as digital images burned to a CD and must be at least 300 dpi and in jpg or tif format.
- No computer-aided adjustments to photos.
- Each photo must be accompanied by an entry form, complete with signature.
- Photographer must obtain written parental/guardian permission for photographed children younger than the age of 18.
Those interested in entering the contest should send their photo CD along with a signed entry form to the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Office of Communication, 8995 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg, Ohio, 43068. Entry forms may be downloaded from the department’s website.
For additional information about the contest, a complete copy of the rules and entry forms visit www.agri.ohio.gov or call 614-752-9817.