A recent Yahoo article suggested five degrees, three of them agriculturally related, are useless.
This has set off an online firestorm on the topic. The Facebook page, I Studied Agriculture and I Have a Job has even been created in response.
We’ve gathered some other responses from across that web that include:
- Yahoo’s ‘College Majors That Are Useless’…Really?, on the Huffington Post by Allen Levin, Dean of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota
- Yahoo Thinks Yohttps://ocj.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=6679&action=edit&message=10ur Degree is Worthless
- University of Georgia Dean of the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences speaks out at, Flawed list can steer students in the wrong direction.
- Is a Degree in Agriculture Useless?, by Flying T Ranch blog.
- Agriculture-Useless College Degree Part 2, by Agriculture Proud blog
- Family Farm Friday #67: Listen Here Yahoo, by Figuring out the Plot blog
- Video Response from Tucker Cool
- Agriculture-Universal and Extremely Useful Degrees, from Pillar Environmental
- Ag degree useless? We disagree!, from the Illinois Farm Bureau
What do you think about the article?