Appointed members of the Ohio AgriBusiness Association (OABA) Board of Directors counted ballots for the election of 2012-2013 OABA Board of Directors and the results are as follows:
- Grain: Paul Riehm, Commodity Representative with Bunge North America. Riehm was re-elected to a second term for his Board position, and brings more than 30 years of experience in Ohio agribusiness to the OABA Board. He is currently a member of the OABA Grain Committee and views OABA as a valuable resource of information, education and a political voice for Ohio agribusiness.
- Seed: Nathan Louiso, Regional Sales Manager with AgriGold Hybrids, covering all of Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Louiso has been a member of the OABA Seed Committee for the last four years — and Chairman for the past two years, and serves as a member of the alumni board of The Ohio State University’s Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity.
- Member-At-Large: Jim Collins, Vice President of GVM West. Collins was re-elected to a second term for his Board position, and has been involved with OABA for more than 30 years, having served on OABA Boards on three different occasions and various committees. He believes OABA needs to continue to support young people seeking careers in the agribusiness industry and remain a viable tool for existing members.
- Member-At-Large: Doug Busdeker, General Manager of Retail Facilities with The Andersons, Inc. Busdeker has worked more than 35 year in the retail fertilizer industry, and is a past president of the Ohio AgroBusiness Association (now merged with Ohio AgriBusiness Association).
These new members will take effect May 1, along with the following 2012-2013 officer changes:
- Chairwoman: Jill Boyd, Territory Sales Manager with Morral Companies, LLC
- Vice Chairman: Mark Sunderman, President/CEO with Deshler Farmers Elevator Company
- Past Chairman: Herb Mayer, Turf and Ornamental Division Manager with Trupointe Cooperative, Inc.
“We had a great group of candidates this year, and we’re fortunate to have such great professionals on our Board,” said Chris Henney, OABA President and CEO. “OABA Board members bring their knowledge and expertise in a vast array of agribusiness areas, which is a tremendous value to the association, and ultimately to our members.”
Below is a full list of the 2012-2013 OABA Board of Directors:
- Jill Boyd with Morral Companies, LLC, representing the fertilizer industry
- David C. Barrett with Barrett, Easterday, Cunningham & Eselgroth LLP.
- Walter Burd with Town & Country Co-op Inc., representing the agrichemical industry
- Doug Busdeker with The Andersons, Inc.
- David Case with Bayer CropScience, representing the seed industry
- Jim Collins with GVM West
- Jack Heim with Menncograin, representing the grain industry
- Nathan Louiso with AgriGold Hybrids, representing the seed industry
- Herb Mayer with Trupointe Cooperative, Inc.
- Paul Riehm with Bunge North America, representing the grain industry
- Mark Sunderman with Trupointe Cooperative, Inc., representing the fertilizer industry
- Andy Swerlein with Luckey Farmers, Inc., representing the feed industry
- Dave Wurm with Rosen’s Inc., representing the agrichemical industry
- John Ward with ABIS/JH Ward Agency
- Thomas Zitter with Big K Mills, Inc., representing the feed industry