The Ohio Soybean Council (OSC) Board of Trustee elections will be held in five districts this summer. Districts up for election include:
- District 1 – Defiance, Fulton, Henry and Williams Counties
- District 2 – Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky and Wood Counties
- District 5 – Hancock and Putnam Counties
- District 9 – Delaware, Marion, Morrow and Union Counties
- District 13 – Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Fayette, Hamilton, Highland and Warren Counties
To be eligible for election to OSC, you must live in a county in the districts listed, be a soybean producer engaged in the growing of soybeans in the State of Ohio who owns or shares the ownership and risk of loss of such soybeans at any time during the three-year period immediately preceding November 15 of the current year.
Those eligible producers (spouses who jointly produce soybeans are considered to be a “family” and are considered to be one person) who have contributed to the soybean checkoff and have submitted a petition with the signatures of 15 eligible soybean producers who reside in the respective district shall be determined candidates for election.
Petitions may be obtained from OSC by calling 614-476-3100. Completed petitions must be returned to the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Legal Section, 8995 East Main Street, Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-3399.
All petitions must be postmarked by July 6, 2012 to be eligible for consideration.