The Ohio Soybean Council Board of Trustee elections will be held in five districts this summer. Districts up for election include:
- District 7 – Auglaize, Mercer, Miami and Shelby Counties
- District 8 – Champaign, Hardin and Logan Counties
- District 10 – Butler, Darke, Miami, Montgomery and Preble Counties
- District 12 – Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Fairfield, Franklin, Guernsey, Harrison, Holmes, Jefferson, Knox, Licking, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Stark, Tuscarawas and Wayne Counties
- District 14 – Athens, Fayette, Gallia, Hocking, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Vinton and Washington Counties
To be eligible for election to the Ohio Soybean Council, you must live in a county in the districts listed, be a soybean producer engaged in the growing of soybeans in the State of Ohio, who owns or shares the ownership and risk of loss of such soybeans at any time during the three year period immediately preceding November 15 of the current year.
Those eligible producers (spouses who jointly produce soybeans are considered to be a “family” and are considered to be one person) who have contributed to the soybean checkoff and have submitted a petition with the signatures of 15 eligible soybean producers who reside in the respective district shall be determined candidates for election.
Petitions may be obtained from the Ohio Soybean Council by calling 614-476-3100. Completed petitions must be returned to the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Legal Section, 8995 East Main Street, Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-3399. All petitions must be postmarked by July 8 and received by July 12 to be eligible for consideration.