The Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District 2015 Agronomy Workshop & Expo to be held on Thursday, Feb. 26, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. New this year, Agriculture Fertilizer Applicator Certification will be available for those with a pesticide applicator license. Certified Crop Advisors may earn continuing education credits and those with a private pesticide applicator license may earn one hour of core credit.
This free event is sponsored by the Delaware, Knox, Licking, and Morrow Soil & Water Conservation Districts, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, Ohio Federation of Soil & Water Conservation Districts, Delaware County Farm Bureau, and the Upper Big Walnut Creek Water Quality Partnership. This year’s agenda includes the following:
- Keynote speaker Tom Bruulsema, Director of the Northeast Region of the International Plan Nutrition Institute will address Sustainable Crop Nutrition:Improving Global and Local Performance
- Michelle Lohstroh, Assistant State Conservationist with USDA Natural Resources
Conservation Service will provide an update on USDA programs
- Anne Dorrance, Professor of Plant Pathology at Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, will discuss Making Soybean Disease Management Profitable
- Kevin King, Research Agricultural Engineer with USDA Agricultural Research Service, will speak to Surface and Subsurface Nutrient Transport:Preliminary Findings from Edge of Field Research in Ohio
- John Barker, Knox County Director with The Ohio State University Extension, will cover Soil Testing
- Jeff McCutcheon, Morrow County Director with The Ohio State University Extension will address Phosphorus Management on Pastures
- Rob Leeds, Delaware County Director with The Ohio State University Extension will cover the Agriculture Fertilizer Applicator Certification
Visit vendor displays and ask questions about cover crops, equipment, fertilizer, herbicides, and more.
The workshop will be held at All Occasions Catering in Waldo, Ohio and is free; however, reservations are required by February 20, 2015.Please visit www.delawareswcd.org for complete information.Reserve through firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740-368-1921 today.Space is limited.