It is here. Step 1 – the Fertilizer Applicator law (SB 150), and Step 2 – the western lake Erie application restriction law (SB1). Both are now in effect.
- You have three years to get certified.
- If you apply fertilizer to 50 acres or more you must get certified, but you have until September 2017 to do that.
- If you have a Pesticide License, then you’ll get a letter from ODA telling you when to get fertilizer applicator certified. You will attend a two-hour program.
- If you don’t have a Pesticide License, but wish to apply fertilizer, you must get certified to apply fertilizer. You will attend a three-hour program.
- For the new Fertilizer Certification training website: http://NutrientEducation.osu.edu.