Eighteen Ohio agribusiness leaders will soon take part in the Ohio AgriBusiness Association’s (OABA) 2017 LAUNCH (Leaders Achieving Unexpected New Career Heights) program.
Participants were selected by their companies to undergo the robust executive leadership development program, which was created in partnership with Wilt Public Relations to help OABA member companies fill the looming void of leadership talent. More than 50 percent of the agriculture business workforce is expected to retire in the next 10-12 years.
The 18 Ohio AgriBusiness Association members enrolled in the 2017 LAUNCH program include:
- Adam Brossia, Luckey Farmers, Inc.
- Matthew Cook, KOVA of Ohio
- Cody Edwards, Central Ohio Farmers Co-op
- Doug Eickholt, Mercer Landmark, Inc.
- David Fierbaugh, OhiGro, Inc.
- Tracy Lee Flore, Mercer Landmark, Inc.
- Shane Hyman, The Andersons, Inc.
- Alex Johnson, Beck’s Hybrids
- Ryan Mangas, Legacy Farmers Cooperative
- Amanda Matheny, The Andersons, Inc.
- Brandon McClure, Morral Companies, LLC
- David Scott, Morral Companies, LLC
- Matt Spracklen, Premier Grain, LLC
- Amanda Stacy Hartman, Barrett, Easterday, Cunningham & Eselgroth, LLP
- Anthony Theaker, Witmer’s Feed and Grain
- Shane Vetter, AgCredit
- Nicole Wallace, Ohio AgriBusiness Association
- Paxton Wood, Town & Country Co-op, Inc.
LAUNCH prepares participants for successive leadership roles through a curriculum focused on developing individual skills and a global view of overall organizational needs. Capstone projects, between-session work assignments and in-person sessions all add to the depth of program.
Program topics include leading with purpose; determining and flexing your style of work with others; executive presence; creating a positive culture; human resources; strategic planning; presentation techniques; working with state and federal government; decision making; courageous leadership; corporate sustainability; work-life balance and more.
Over 20 different speakers will provide their insight through multiple interactive sessions including David Crone, owner of I’m No Dummy Productions, who will deliver the opening keynote presentation. David is a former corporate executive who left the corner office for center stage to bring laughter and inspiration to audiences all across the country. A tour of the Ohio Statehouse and a grain and barge company in Covington, Kentucky will also be a part of the program.
“The LAUNCH program helps participants hone their leadership skills in the agribusiness industry, and also their overall leadership skill-set, which is extremely important in an industry that is constantly evolving and adapting,” said Chris Henney, OABA president and CEO. “With over 15 companies participating in this, our fifth consecutive LAUNCH class, it’s a great testament to Ohio agribusiness’ commitment to future leadership.”
For additional information on OABA or the LAUNCH Program, contact Margo Long at 614-326-7520 or email@example.com.