Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter for a management position in Champaign, Clark, Darke and Miami counties. Individual must be willing to reside in the service area. Demonstrated leadership skills and management ability is required as is a bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field. Three years of work experience in agriculture or in a business setting is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of a membership organization and be comfortable with public speaking and sales. Attractive benefit package includes a company vehicle. Email resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline to apply: Dec. 13, 2019 by 5 p.m.
About Ohio Farm Bureau
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community-building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
Provide quality professional service and support to county boards and volunteer leaders to meet the needs of the membership relative to established organizational goals and objectives, consistent with Ohio Farm Bureau’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership and direction to county Farm Bureaus for the purpose of improving the strength, effectiveness and visibility of the organization in pursuit of stated Ohio Farm Bureau and County Farm Bureau goals and programs.
- Achieve membership growth through multiple strategies including an annual volunteer membership campaign, direct sales and strong partnerships.
- Work with county leaders to recruit new volunteers and provide leadership opportunities and training to develop and enhance volunteer leadership skills.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Nationwide, legislators, governmental agencies, agribusiness, local businesses, community groups and other strategic partners.
- Assist the county board to oversee county finances and develop an annual budget aligned to county goals and annual audits.
- Responsible for managing the local Farm Bureau office, including but not limited to personnel, data management, finances and correspondence.
Minimum educational experience qualification:
Minimum skill qualifications:
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Capacity to motivate, enthuse and recognize volunteers
- Public speaking abilities
- Financial and marketing knowledge
Minimum other qualifications:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must live in a county in the organization director territory.
- One to two years of work experience in a business environment.
- Knowledge or experience in agriculture.
Deadline to apply: Dec. 13, 2019 by 5 p.m.
Email resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org