You’re invited to the premier forum for Ohio’s food and agriculture industry as the Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics will be hosting the 2021 Agricultural Policy and Outlook Conference on November 18-19, 2021.
This conference will be held virtually over the course of two days, with experts covering issues important to producers, agribusinesses and elected officials. The schedule for this conference is:
Thursday, Nov. 18 (Day One) Schedule
- (9 a.m. – 10 a.m): “Consumers, Shopping, and Local Food: What’s Next?” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Zoë Plakias.
- (11 a.m. – 12 p.m.): “Now Hiring: An Ohio Food & Agricultural Labor Update,” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Margaret Jodlowski.
- (1 p.m. – 2 p.m.): “US Trade Policy and Prospects for Agricultural Trade,” presented by AEDE Professor and Andersons Chair of Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Policy Dr. Ian Sheldon.
Friday, November 19 (Day Two) Schedule
- (9 a.m. – 10 a.m): “Agricultural Commodity Markets: Trends and Prospects,” presented by AEDE Assistant Professor Dr. Seungki Lee.
- (11 a.m. – 12 p.m.): “Ag Finance Recovery,” presented by Dr. Nathan Kauffman, Vice President and Omaha Branch Executive with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- (1 p.m. – 2 p.m.): “A Conversation about the Next US Farm Bill, ” presented by Assistant Professor Jonathan Coppess, J.D., University of Illinois
Registration can be made at: https://aede.osu.edu/programs/2021-virtual-agricultural-policy-and-outlook-conference