In 2021, we had great success combining a Virtual Tour with tremendous response from participants and our in-person tour in fields around the state. With this in mind, the 2022 Ohio Crop Tour included both in-person and a virtual option to let everyone in on the yield estimating fun. The 2022 Ohio Crop Tour is made possible by Ohio Field Leader — a project of the Ohio Soybean Council and soybean checkoff. Also, thanks to Ohio State University Extension educators around the state for working with us on the Virtual Crop Tour.
The in-person tour was held Aug. 8 and Aug. 9 with one group heading north and one group heading south. Each group sampled a representative corn and soybean field in 14 counties.
This year’s in-person participants in the north were:
• Mike Hannewald, Beck’s agronomist
• Nathan Birkemeier, Putnam County farmer
• Samantha Funkhouser, Luckey Farmer Co-Op
• Mark Worner, Agoro Carbon Alliance, Richland County farmer
• Dusty Sonnenberg, Ohio Field Leader/Ohio Ag Net.… Continue readingRead More »