Agricultural teachers play a critical role in preparing future generations for successful careers. They devote countless hours and often their own resources to impact the communities they serve. To shed light on the contributions of Ohio’s teachers, Nationwide has honored 10 exceptional ag teachers as finalists for the Golden Owl Award.
In partnership with the Ohio Farm Bureau and the Ohio FFA, Nationwide collected over 400 nominations from local students, fellow teachers, parents and community members from July to November 2019.
- Christi Bachman — Bloom Carroll High School
- Nathan Birkhimer — Fayetteville Perry High School
- Hannah Everetts — Edon Northwest School
- Collin Gierke — Global Impact STEM Academy
- John Koenig — Miller City High School
- Sarah Lucha — South Central High School
- Wendi Mizer Stachler — Miami Trace High School
- Tyler Pope — Buckeye Central High School
- Jeremy Ryan — West Muskingum High School
- Erin Wollett — Cardington-Lincoln High School
Each finalist received an individualized plaque and a $500 donation to their school’s agriculture program before being entered into a final selection stage for the chance to be crowned as Ohio’s Ag Educator of the Year.… Continue readingRead More »