Farm Bureau’s annual Discussion Meet competition is intended to develop young agricultural professionals’ skills in working through thoughtful, courteous discussion to solve problems.
This competitive event simulates a committee meeting where discussion and active participation are expected from each participant. This competition is evaluated on an exchange of ideas and information on a pre-determined topic (listed below). Participants build basic discussion skills, develop a keen understanding of important agricultural issues and explore how groups can pool knowledge to reach consensus and solve problems.
- Must be a farmer/voting member of a county Farm Bureau.
- Must be 18-35 years of age prior to Jan. 31, 2020.
- Must not have received a public speaking fee or honorarium in the past 24 months.
- Previous state winners and current Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team are ineligible.
- Past and present members of the AFBF YF&R Committee may not apply.