Located in the organization’s Columbus office, the executive director works closely with the foundation board of directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the foundation. Other key duties include development and implementation of policies to fulfill its charitable purpose, grantmaking procedures and administrative systems along with managing the director of development on fundraising, marketing and community outreach.
Desired qualities include solid organizational abilities such as planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation; strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting; pursuit of board meeting success; and a vision to put the mission into a long-term view by creating a framework for its execution.
Broad responsibilities and duties:
- Cultivating and sustaining relationships with a wide variety of constituencies including current and potential donors, businesses and community partners.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the Foundation are appropriate
- Supervises and collaborates with staff
- Directs the foundation communications plan with strong written and oral skills along with sound public speaking ability
- Imparts leadership to the foundation board of directors
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum five years of related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a statewide or regional organization
- CFRE preferred
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing and fiscal management experience is required
- Interest in and commitment to Ohio’s farm and food community
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
About Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation
For over three decades Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has been committed to driving community change, stimulating new ideas, and engaging audiences in a conversation around creating a strong farm and food community.